Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kerry Reviews Pt 2

Before I start - for the record - my posts are less frequent, and less funny because B. monopolizes the computer for an hour and by then I've forgotten all of the ridiculously funny things I have to say. It's not because I'm just not as clever. Really.

So... hotel and meal reviews it is, then.

Sunday, 24 June

Breakfast at the Staybridge. My waffle exploded. What else is there to say?
One yum out of five.

Lunch - Venture Market Grocery Store. Sandwiches and bananas. B thought his was "way better than Subway." I thought it was a bit salty.
2.5 out of 5

Dinner - Souper! Salad! Rumor has it that this is Ross Perot's favorite restaurant. Understandably. But not "I want to eat there every day"'s worth.
3 of 5

Hotel - Super 8 in Canon City. I was warned away from this town because of all the correctional facilities in town, but we stayed anyway, and had the pleasure of playing the "Is it a school or a prison?" game. (Score: Kerry 2, Brandon 1, Neither 3) Anyway, the room was clean enough - or at least it smelled clean. The mattress was pretty nasty though.
1 Z of 5

Monday, 25 June

Breakfast - K. skipped the sub-par Super 8 breakfast and opted for Burger King Cini-minis. Always worth it.
4 of 5

Lunch - Echo Canyon River Expedition - Is there anything better than a big lunch after considerable physical labor?
5 of 5; would be 6 of 5, but B complained that there were no artichokes.

Dinner - Amica's Pizza. Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm! And Cheap!
5 of 5

Hotel - Comfort Inn in Gunnison, CO. Almost impossible to find. We drove past it once, and almost drove past a second and third time. When I went online to reserve this room, the only negative comment warned us not to stay in a room ending in 06. These rooms are by the elevator and very noisy. I thought about mentioning it to the desk clerk when I checked in, but I did not. And I almost laughed out loud as I watched her write 306 on my key card. Fantastic. It's not that noisy though, and the room is huge.

Let's say 3.5 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment